Revolution | Soph x Highlighter Palette |

09:00:00



I feel like I must start by explaining why I rarely ever feature Makeup Revolution on the blog. 
Firstly I just don't usually have interest on buying their products when I have much more high end alternatives on my drawers waiting to be used before expiry date. Secondly, it is rare that they launch a product where they're not trying to copy some other brand and upon watching Kat Von D's video about it I'm totally supporting her and understanding, as an artist myself, how bad it is to get your work and idea stolen and produced in favour of a cheaper alternative. 
Lastly, even thou they're cheap I never found the quality that amazing, I would say they sit on the same lines as MUA... I just stopped even looking at their stand!

Having said that, when Sophie from Soph Does Nails, announced her collaboration with them and upon watching her swatch video on the products I couldn't just pass on it. I really do like Sophie and is an immense pleasure to support her, but besides that the products looked promising! They look original (for once) and really cohesive, quality seems good upon watching her using the products. 
All in all that's why I wanted to get my hands on them and review for you - let me just clarify that my opinion is not influenced by the person who created, brand or price. 






To start off the shade selection of the Sophx Highlighter Palette (8£) is really beautiful, even thou it's more likely targeted towards lighter complexions, like Sophie's, it still includes two deeper shades that will look fabulous on medium to dark skin tones! All of the powders can be used as eyeshadows so fear not if something doesn't look quite right on your particular skin tone! 


I've tried all the lighter shades and noticed the finishes vary - the ones that look almost "marbled" in the pan are slightly more blinding on the skin. Both formulas perform amazingly - highly pigmented and buttery, blending well and creating a strong statement from the first swipe - I'm actually really impressed! The only thing I noticed is a little bit of emphasis on my cheek pores which doesn't bother me but keep in mind! 

The longevity is incredible considering these are drugstore powders - my highlight was still shining after a good 12 hours of wear which sometimes not even my high end highlighters can keep up with! So that adds a lot of points to me! 

Considering I use high end products all the time and rarely dive into Makeup Revolution I'm really impressed with this palette! The 8£ mark is an amazing price for the quality of the powders you get and I'm also really happy to see they collaboratred with someone instead of coming out with a dupe for other brand! Hopefully they'll start following that path!

It is permanent to their collection which is great to see so hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on one soon! 

Let me know if you've tried it and how you feel about Makeup Revolution in general!








You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts

Blog Archive